The European Spas Association, supported by the HTI, organizes a virtual Forum about a very new subject in medical tourism – the corona recovery concept in European medical spas and climate health resorts. It will be held on 17 December 2020, hosting experts of different disciplines in balneology from Iceland, Germany, France, and Slovakia.
The Forum will discuss the following topics:
1. The immune system rehabilitation – the main goal of spa medicine
2. The role of spa medicine in pandemics
3. Medical spa and health resort as the new concept in world health tourism?
The goal is to bring the historical, scientific tradition of balneology (spa medicine), with its ancient Greco-Roman roots and current modern technology, to a comprehensive prevention campaign in the battle against the corona pandemic. Balneology has been the quintessential source of rehabilitation and optimization of the human immune system and healing in times when the present modern medicine has not been yet born. Confident that European medical spas’ efforts will benefit many corona- affected patients, ESPA is inviting experts who already initiated a comprehensive rehabilitation and prevention program in medical spas.
The Forum intends to present modern balneology as the most valuable health asset of Western civilization in fighting against humankind’s greatest threat in our times. The CORONA RECOVERY CONCEPT will address all aspects of patient care: respiratory, motoric and skeletal, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, immunological, detoxification, stress control, and mental health. Namely, it will include all areas of balneology / spa medicine where corona recovery can be implemented. The European health resorts were the first one that reacted and started delivering solutions for Covid-19 survivals from May 2020. The experts at the Forum will talk about this experience and results of medical programs in spa cities of Europe.
SPEAKERS & TOPICS
- Dr. Janka Zálešáková, Slovakia, Balneologist and ESPA Vice President: the Slovakian rehabilitation program for Corona recovery in medical spas and Obesity prevention program
- Margrét Grímsdóttir, Iceland, Heilsustofnun NLFI, Director of Nursing: Treatment of post-Covid patients with chronic fatigue and cardiac illnesses. Utilization and results of balneology and natural remedies in medical rehabilitation
- Dr. Martin Gehlen, Germany, Staatsbad Pyrmont, Chef of Rheumatology: Rehabilitation for corona patients and new prevention programs with a presentation of a study on balneology
- Olivier Dubois, France, Director of Thermes Saujon, Psychiatrist: The thermalism facing the health crisis
- Dr. Lafi Abu-Sirhan, Germany, Clinic Bad Sulza, Director of Pulmonology: Rehabilitation of post corona patients – therapy and the role of balneology and climatology in this context.
Follow ESPA and find out more at https://www.europeanspas.eu/